A Letter to My Friend, Mae (Letter #3)

Hi Mae. I’m Laken. You don’t know me, but I know our moms have been talking about our brain tumors.  And I already consider you my friend.

I just wanted to write you a letter to let you know that you aren’t alone, and if you ever want to talk to someone who understands exactly what you’re going through, I am here for you.

I am 2 weeks into radiation right now. I know you are further along in your treatment. Your story and how you’ve handled everything so far has already given me so much hope.

It made me laugh really hard when my mom told me that you named your tumor, “Ted the Tumor!” I decided to name mine “Tina!”

Please know that I am here for you, and I will continue to pray for you.

We can fight this together!!

Love, Laken

7 Comments

1. Beverly Spellman

Love this! There IS comfort, strength and encouragement in stressful, hurting situations when people bond together! God bless Laken for encouraging our sweet Mae!
    P.S prayers for Laken also.May God’s hand rest on you and your family.

2. Maeleigh T

Hi Laken! It’s Maeleigh thank you so much for the letter hopefully we can see each other because I don’t live that far away! Stay strong you got this!

3. Bicki

I have defined you as. Legendary Laken. 💕💕💕 vicki petree

4. Gladys Logan Young

You are precious♥️

5. Lisa Reader

I love how you named your tumor TINA THE TUMOR. 😂
    Now you can bury “TINA” and put HER behind you. 😘

6. Ninette Swadley

I Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

Laken…you truly have a heart after God. How inspiring to all who know your story…encouraging, loving and giving of yourself.

Know that as you reach out to people…many of us can’t reach out to…that we are behind the scenes praying for you. God is so good and faithful and you are representing Him well.

I am so very proud of you and encouraged by your story.

Love in Christ; Ninette

7. Saraí

I love reading your letters ❤️